Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about how to contact us and view frequently asked questions.
- What health plans does Cohere work with?
- How can someone from outside of our organization view an approved Cohere authorization?
- Does Cohere handle claims payment?
- Do I have to use Cohere to submit home health, durable medical equipment, or imaging requests if they are related to musculoskeletal care?
- What Internet browsers are compatible with Cohere’s platform?
- Does Cohere integrate with our electronic health record (EHR)?
- How can I check the status of an authorization?
- Is there a limit to how many procedure codes and diagnosis codes I can submit with my request?
- Is it necessary to upload clinical documents as attachments with our requests?
- What happens if a request pends for review?
- Can you start a request, save it, and come back at another time?
- What is your turnaround time for pended authorizations?
- See all 12 articles
- What Humana business lines are/ are not accepted?
- Is Cohere connected to Humana’s claims system?
- Where can I see the details of what clinical scope/codes are delegated to Cohere for authorization?
- What types of services do we NOT use Cohere for?
- Is outpatient therapy performed in a skilled nursing facility or nursing home within Cohere’s scope?
- We work in a chiropractor’s office, submitting both physical therapy and other services. Should we use Cohere?
- See all 14 articles
Support & Troubleshooting
- What should I do if the provider and/or facility are missing from Cohere?
- Issues with accessing the Cohere Platform
- How can I add or change the TINs associated with my account?
- I haven't received my activation email, even though I submitted a registration form.
- How do I reset my password?
- How can I contact Cohere?
- See all 10 articles
- If we get an auth and the number of units shows none, is it unlimited visits for the date range?
- Where/ how should I enter the requesting provider, ordering physician, and therapist?
- Are there specific forms to document the Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs)?
- Can you request more than the suggested number of visits?
- If a patient has been authorized to attend therapy at another clinic but chooses to see us instead, should we submit another request? Will it be denied if there's already another authorization?
- Why is an authorization needed for initial therapy visit requests and subsequent therapy visit requests?
- See all 8 articles